Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Graduation

Final exam was difficult for me and my notes were not good at all. My exam dish was:  Filet de veau cuit rosé, un risotto crémeux et duxelles de champignons, sauce asperges, below a picure of how it should have looked:


My practical exam started with a stove of whish one of the plates did not work. This is the life of a cook and on exam we need to work around this problem. I started with my bearnaise sauce, a technical dish which came out very well. Than i decided to change my usual way of working and first to do all the prep work before startting to cook (like you would do in a restauarant). For future students an advice: never change your way of working on your exam. So i got into time problems and for that reason i plated my dish 1 minute too late, which cost me 2 % of my final note. Another result was that i did not plate everything that i should have plated: i forgot to plate my aspereges coulis and my duxelles, both were ready, but i just forgot under the time pressure. Stupid, but true. So i did not plate 2 out of the 6 items in this recipe, which probably costed me a full point or even more. Further i kind of threw everything on the plate, so i did not spent time on presentation.Endresult: 10,4 ans 10,1 out of 20 points for presentation and taste.
My other notes were good thoughm so i passed anyhow. For organisation i scored 14,4 out of 20, so that was good.

Gradudation the next day with a small after the after party at Annicks house. I must make her a compiment, she presented some of the best wines of France and excellent cheese to go with it. So yes, we druk too much again .......

Below the certificate and some pictures.










1 comment: